Entries for the Shell Security Leadership Award will be open from May 2020.
How to apply for Shell Safety Leadership Awards:
- Access www.shell.com.br/slawards official website
- Simply complete the online application form:
- You need to describe the company’s achievement using the text boxes provided.
- The achievement needs to be proven to have direct or indirect impact to Shell Brasil Upstream Business and Deepwater Operations.
- Additional supporting documentation can also be provided with the application, via the online form, although one document per entry is allowed.
- Sustainability of results is important; therefore, it will be accepted initiatives developed in the previous years if they have continued to have an impact in the last 12 months.
- Each company is eligible to up to 3 submissions per year.
Applications can be made by:
- Contractor Companies with a valid contract with Shell Brasil, working with Shell Upstream/Deepwater organization in Brasil.
- A Due Diligence screening will be done to confirm Company’s eligibility to the award.
- For additional information access Shell Safety Leadership Awards official rules.
Award criteria are described below:
- Working in innovative, proactive and collaborative ways in recognising and overcoming Risk Normalisation and dealing with Dilemmas. Demonstrate discipline to contribute towards delivering Goal Zero - No Harm, No Leaks - in key areas e.g. process safety, personal safety and occupational health, transport safety, contractor management and environmental management.
- Moving towards Declared Future, by exemplifying visible and felt leadership characteristics to build a strong safety culture where everyone feels cared for, are curious, motivated, empowered and embrace learning, all in pursuit of Goal Zero - no harm to people or the environment.
Applicants can also be eligible to receive an Honourable Mention for initiatives related but not limited to:
- Developing and implementing innovative ways to address reduction in GHG emissions (e.g. CO2 intensity, methane emissions, use of renewable energy sources in operations), thriving through the Energy Transition.
- Collaborating with industry, regulators and other key partners to develop industry standards, share and replicate innovation and best practices, and potentialize the capability of simplification and digitalisation; all in an effort to achieve Goal Zero and better GHG management.
- Demonstrating genuine care for people, to enable a competent, high performing and engaged workforce; whilst demonstrating discipline by never compromising on standards.
A commission of judges representing and with expertise in the HSE discipline will review the applications and prepare a short list of candidates for the Shell Brazil Leadership Team to decide the Winner and eventual Honourable Mentions.
The Winner Company of the Shell Safety Leadership Awards and Honourable Mentions will then be announced during Shell’s Contractor Safety Leadership Forum. A representative will be invited on the stage to receive a certificate and trophy by Shell Brasil Leadership.
Meet the winners of the Shell Safety Leadership Awards 2019
Serviços de Petróleo Constellation - "Safety Culture Journey with Assist & Assure"
CHC Táxi Aéreo Ltda. - “Crew Fatigue Management”
Solstad Offshore ASA - “Solstad Green Operations”