Rio de Janeiro, 21 de outubro de 2019 – A Shell Brasil fechou acordo com a Ecopetrol para a venda de 30% de participação no projeto de Gato do Mato, descoberta no pré-sal da Bacia de Santos que inclui os blocos BM-S-54 e Sul de Gato do Mato.

Após a conclusão da venda, a Shell Brasil continuará como operadora do projeto, com 50% de participação, em consórcio com os parceiros Ecopetrol (30%) e Total (20%).

“A Shell Brasil tem um excelente portfólio em águas profundas, com projetos operados e não-operados que estão sendo explorados, avaliados e desenvolvidos. Essa negociação com a Ecopetrol nos permite otimizar ainda mais esse portfólio. Continuaremos avançando nas atividades dos blocos de Gato do Mato com os nossos parceiros”, diz André Araujo, presidente da Shell Brasil.

A negociação está sujeita à aprovação regulatória.

Sobre os ativos:

Os blocos BM-S-54 e Sul de Gato do Mato estão localizados no coração do pré-sal brasileiro, na Bacia de Santos. A região offshore fica a 200km da costa do Rio de Janeiro, com profundidade de 1.720m a 2.050m.

O BM-S-54 trata-se de um contrato de concessão, iniciado em 2005, resultado da 7ª Rodada de Licitação, enquanto Sul de Gato do Mato é fruto de um contrato de partilha de produção, obtido em 2017, na 2ª Rodada do Pré-Sal da ANP. Os integrantes do consórcio (ainda submetido à aprovação regulatória) serão a Shell Brasil (50%), a Ecopetrol (30%) e a Total (20%) no contrato de concessão do BM-S-54 e no contrato de partilha de produção de Sul de Gato do Mato (que também inclui a PPSA - Pré-sal Petróleo, representando o Governo Federal com 50% de direito de voto).

A campanha de perfuração dos três poços de Gato do Mato foi iniciada em junho de 2019.

Para mais informações:

Assessoria de Imprensa Shell Brasil

Guilherme Sá

(21) 3984-8239

guilherme.sa@shell.com

Edelman

Bruna Carvalho

(21) 3590-8409

bruna.carvalho@edelman.com

Shell Brasil announces agreement with Ecopetrol

Negotiation involves sale of 30% interest in the the Gato do Mato project

Shell Brasil Petroleo Ltda. (“Shell Brasil”) announces it has entered into an agreement with Ecopetrol for the sale of 30% interest in the the Gato do Mato project, a pre-salt gas-condensate discovery that covers two contiguous blocks: BM-S-54 and Sul de Gato do Mato.

Shell Brasil retains a 50% interest in Gato do Mato and continues as operator of both blocks, with consortium partners Ecopetrol (30%) and Total (20%).

“Shell Brasil has an exciting deep water portfolio with operated and non-operated positions that we are exploring, appraising, and developing. This transaction allows Shell Brasil to further optimize the portfolio. We look forward to progressing activities in the Gato do Mato blocks with our partners,” said Shell Brasil Country Chair André Araujo.

The deal is subject to regulatory approvals.

About the assets:

BM-S-54 and Sul de Gato do Mato blocks are located in the heart of the Brazilian pre-salt. Both blocks are located in the Santos basin, offshore Brazil, 200Km from the Rio de Janeiro coast, in water depth from 1,720m to 2,050m.

BM-S-54 is a Concession Contract, entered into in 2005, as a result of Bid Round 7 and Sul de Gato do Mato a Production Sharing Agreement, obtained in 2017 as a result of ANP 2nd Pre-Salt Concession round. Consortium partners (subject to regulator´s approval) will be Shell Brasil (50%), Ecopetrol (30%) and Total (20%) in the BM-S-54 Concession Contract and additionally, in the Sul de Gato do Mato Production Sharing Agreement (which also includes PPSA - Pré-sal Petróleo, representing the Federal Government with zero participating interest and 50% voting rights).

The Gato do Mato 3 well drilling campaign started in June 2019.

Cautionary Note

The companies in which Royal Dutch Shell plc directly and indirectly owns investments are separate legal entities. In this announcement “Shell”, “Shell group” and “Royal Dutch Shell” are sometimes used for convenience where references are made to Royal Dutch Shell plc and its subsidiaries in general. Likewise, the words “we”, “us” and “our” are also used to refer to Royal Dutch Shell plc and its subsidiaries in general or to those who work for them. These terms are also used where no useful purpose is served by identifying the particular entity or entities. ‘‘Subsidiaries’’, “Shell subsidiaries” and “Shell companies” as used in this announcement refer to entities over which Royal Dutch Shell plc either directly or indirectly has control. Entities and unincorporated arrangements over which Shell has joint control are generally referred to as “joint ventures” and “joint operations”, respectively. Entities over which Shell has significant influence but neither control nor joint control are referred to as “associates”. The term “Shell interest” is used for convenience to indicate the direct and/or indirect ownership interest held by Shell in an entity or unincorporated joint arrangement, after exclusion of all third-party interest.

This announcement contains forward-looking statements (within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995) concerning the financial condition, results of operations and businesses of Royal Dutch Shell. All statements other than statements of historical fact are, or may be deemed to be, forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are statements of future expectations that are based on management’s current expectations and assumptions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results, performance or events to differ materially from those expressed or implied in these statements. Forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements concerning the potential exposure of Royal Dutch Shell to market risks and statements expressing management’s expectations, beliefs, estimates, forecasts, projections and assumptions. These forward-looking statements are identified by their use of terms and phrases such as “aim”, “ambition’, ‘‘anticipate’’, ‘‘believe’’, ‘‘could’’, ‘‘estimate’’, ‘‘expect’’, ‘‘goals’’, ‘‘intend’’, ‘‘may’’, ‘‘objectives’’, ‘‘outlook’’, ‘‘plan’’, ‘‘probably’’, ‘‘project’’, ‘‘risks’’, “schedule”, ‘‘seek’’, ‘‘should’’, ‘‘target’’, ‘‘will’’ and similar terms and phrases. There are a number of factors that could affect the future operations of Royal Dutch Shell and could cause those results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements included in this announcement, including (without limitation): (a) price fluctuations in crude oil and natural gas; (b) changes in demand for Shell’s products; (c) currency fluctuations; (d) drilling and production results; (e) reserves estimates; (f) loss of market share and industry competition; (g) environmental and physical risks; (h) risks associated with the identification of suitable potential acquisition properties and targets, and successful negotiation and completion of such transactions; (i) the risk of doing business in developing countries and countries subject to international sanctions; (j) legislative, fiscal and regulatory developments including regulatory measures addressing climate change; (k) economic and financial market conditions in various countries and regions; (l) political risks, including the risks of expropriation and renegotiation of the terms of contracts with governmental entities, delays or advancements in the approval of projects and delays in the reimbursement for shared costs; and (m) changes in trading conditions. No assurance is provided that future dividend payments will match or exceed previous dividend payments. All forward-looking statements contained in this announcement are expressly qualified in their entirety by the cautionary statements contained or referred to in this section. Readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. Additional risk factors that may affect future results are contained in Royal Dutch Shell’s Form 20-F for the year ended December 31, 2018 (available at www.shell.com/investor and www.sec.gov). These risk factors also expressly qualify all forward-looking statements contained in this announcement and should be considered by the reader. Each forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date of this announcement, October 10, 2019. Neither Royal Dutch Shell plc nor any of its subsidiaries undertake any obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement as a result of new information, future events or other information. In light of these risks, results could differ materially from those stated, implied or inferred from the forward-looking statements contained in this announcement.

This announcement may contain references to Shell’s website. These references are for the readers’ convenience only. Shell is not incorporating by reference any information posted on www.shell.com.

We may have used certain terms, such as resources, in this announcement that the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) strictly prohibits us from including in our filings with the SEC. U.S. investors are urged to consider closely the disclosure in our Form 20-F, File No 1-32575, available on the SEC website www.sec.gov.

Outros press releases

Contatos

Aqui você encontra os contatos da Assessoria de Imprensa da Shell Brasil.

Últimos press releases

Veja nossos últimos press releases, acesse nossa bilbioteca de imagens e vídeos e descubra como você pode entrar em contato com o time de Assessoria de Imprensa da Shell Brasil.